Eligibility & Cost
Am I suitable for laser eye surgery?
If you feel visually or socially restricted by glasses or contact lenses, we can almost certainly help. At NewVision Clinics, we can treat over 95% of those who come to us, including patients with high prescriptions who have been told elsewhere they are untreatable.
To determine your suitability, simply book an assessment at one of our Melbourne Laser Eye Clinics, or as a starting point, review the guidelines below.
You may be suitable for laser eye surgery if:
- You have any amount of astigmatism.
- You are over 18 years of age.
- There has been no significant change in your glasses prescription for the last six months.
- You have superficial corneal scars or dystrophies that are less than 200 microns deep.
- You have no medical eye conditions or general health issues that preclude surgery.
We have the experience and expertise to tackle even the complex conditions that are rejected by other clinics.
Why are so many more patients suitable for laser eye surgery at NewVision Clinics?
- Our laser eye surgeon, Dr Noel Alpins, is one of the worlds best.
- We have advanced laser methods and offer specialised eye treatments seldom found elsewhere.
- We believe in helping all patients, not just the quick and easy cases.
- We take more time than other laser eye surgery clinics to assess each patient’s eyes and have the expertise and technology to customise treatments for each eye.
Of course, there is a small chance you may not be suitable for laser eye surgery:
- If you are under 18
- If your spectacle prescription is still changing
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If you have an eye disorder, disease or autoimmune disorder
You can find out more about laser vision correction and if you might be suitable, by attending one of our FREE information seminars.
However, your suitability can best be determined through a no cost no obligation assessment where your vision, ocular health, needs and expectations will be thoroughly discussed before a treatment is decided upon.
If you are eligible, you could be seeing without glasses or contact lenses within weeks.
- Learn more about LASIK
- Learn more about Advanced PRK
- Choosing the right treatment option
- Get a FREE information pack