What are the Types of Cataract Surgeries?
At NewVision Clinics, we perform safe, effective, and high-quality cataract surgeries for Melbourne residents. The procedure involves the removal of a cloudy natural lens which is replaced with a modern, artificial intraocular lens. Cataract surgery is one of the most widely performed procedures worldwide and provides patients with improved vision almost immediately.
Here at NewVision Clinics, we offer Small Incision Cataract Surgery.
Contact us today for the most effective treatment for cataracts.
Small Incision Eye Surgery Cataract
In small incision cataract surgery, a mild sedative is used in combination with a topical anaesthetic to numb the area. The cloudy lens is removed and replaced with an artificial one. Here’s how the surgery is performed.
- The anaesthetic is administered in the form of eye drops to numb the area, and an intravenous sedative is used to relax the patient
- A microscopic incision is created
- Ultrasound waves are used to loosen the cataract, after which it is carefully aspirated from the eye
- The final step is the insertion of an intraocular lens
- The incisions created are extremely fine and heal without sutures in most cases
Most patients experience improved vision almost immediately. While side effects and complications are extremely rare, the eye surgery experts at NewVision Clinics monitor patients closely to ensure the best results.
Cataract Surgery Experts in Melbourne, VIC
If you are living with blurred, cloudy or hazy vision, contact NewVision Clinics in Melbourne today. Our team of eye specialists will diagnose the problem and outline the most effective treatment plan to help improve your vision.